Smoked tenderloin appetizer: A taste that trickles down to your heart!
Enriched with natural goodness and Italian spices this appetizer proves to a phenomenal treat to the nerve endings located at the tip of your tongue aka taste buds.
This pork tenderloin appetizer is suggested for the meat lovers who also prefer a diet that consists of fewer carbohydrates and calories. However, they do not fall short of taste and are capable of bursting appetizing flavors the moment they enter your mouth!
- Recipe: Smoked pork tenderloin appetizer
- Meal course: Appetizer
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 3 hours
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Special equipment: Applewood chips
- Garlic salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt- as per taste requirements
- Pepper powder -2 teaspoons (freshly ground)
- Any cheese dip
- Bruschetta toast – as per the number of servings
- Jalapeno pepper – optional
- Wrapping Foil
- Preheat the smoker up to 230F and keep adding wood chips until it gets nice and smoky.
- Rub pepper, sea salt and garlic salt on all the sides of the tenderloin. Keep smoking the tenderloin at 150F for about 90 minutes.
- Remove them after 90 minutes and wrap them with aluminum foil and cook for more 30 minutes with the wraps on.
- Cut the tenderloin into medallions which can vary from ¼ inch to 1 inch in thickness.
- Place them over the Bruschetta toast and add cheese dip and jalapeno pepper on the top.
Your sizzling pork tenderloin appetizer is now ready to turn on the mood in parties and get-togethers!
Master Chef’s tips
Use of apple wood chips is suggested for this recipe. However, if you do not have them even the hickory wood chips can suffice the need.
Words of Wisdom
A true delight for meat lovers, this recipe can never go wrong if you have a little experience of using a smoker. You can use them as appetizers for events and functions, but the guests might love it so much that they would keep asking for it after every few minutes!