Smoked Pasta – Refreshing Italian delicacy!
Pasta is a creamy and buttery delight that can easily satiate your hunger pangs in a matter of minutes. Give them a puff of smoke and relish them like never before. You can impart different nuances and textures to this dish by experimenting with the spices and veggies you wish to have with your Smoked pasta. Here we are exploring a recipe that even a diehard fan of pasta can vouch for.
- Recipe: Smoked Pasta
- Meal course: Main dish
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Key ingredient: Ricotta cheese
- Butter – 5 tablespoons
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Baking flour – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Ricotta cheese – ½ cup
- Frozen peas – 2 handfuls
- Penne pasta
- Mushrooms – ½ cup
- Skimmed milk – 2 cups
- In a large cooking pan, cook pasta with a little bit of salt for at least 10-12 minutes. Drain the excess water and leave it aside.
- Sauté the onions in a frying pan until it gets golden brown in color. Cook it with skimmed milk, cheese and frozen peas for 3 minutes.
- Now, take a large bowl and mix all the ingredients correctly. Add the pasta into it and top it with mushrooms and remaining peas.
- Heat the smoker up to 250F. Let it smoke for 45 minutes and you can also increase the temperature up to 400F if you want it to be cooked quickly.
Delicious, creamy and frothy pasta is ready to be slurped by you and your kids!
Master Chef’s tips
Do not add excess butter as the recipe already has cheese and milk in it. Follow the instructions properly that is written over the packet of pasta.
Pasta is essentially a quick snack, but with so many ingredients and goodness added to it, you can just convert it into a complete meal for your near and dear ones. Smoke adds a distinct and endearing quality to this dish and makes it one of your top favorites!