Smoked haddock – An exciting blend of veggies and fish!
Haddock fish has a unique combination of sweet and salty taste. Smoking gives it a more peculiar taste and zest that make it an interesting recipe.
Smoke the haddock fillets and mix it with potatoes and peas, Top it up with chive and let your taste buds dive in the ocean of pure delight.
- Recipe: Smoked Haddock
- Meal course: Main dish
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes (cooking potatoes: 15-20 minutes, smoking 10-15 minutes)
- Cooking appliance: Any type of smoker
- Chopped chives
- Potatoes – 4 to 5 (halved)
- Peas- A handful (20 to 30 grams)
- Butter – 60 grams
- Chicken stock
- Haddock Fillets – 3 to 4
- Cook the haddock fillets in a smoker up to 15 minutes. Take a pan and fry both the sides of the fillets with butter. Marinate them in chicken stock for some time. Mix few chopped chives in the mixture.
- In a separate pan, cook boiled potatoes and peas in butter and crush them to form a thick solid mixture.
Place the haddock fillets over the potatoes and let your guests experience the magic of a homemade smoked fish recipe.
Master Chef’s tips
You can use white wine if you are not comfortable with chicken stock.
Let the smoky spices encircle your haddock fillets and its buttery flavor will be good enough to sweep off your feet from reality. It serves as a great main course meal and can also be used as a side dish.