Seafood canapés – A recipe that will stay with you forever!
Seafood canapés can be made with different fishes like salmon, mackerel, etc. and even seafood like oysters and shrimps. Here we are going to witness a very simple yet sizzling canapé made from smoked salmon!
The essence of freshly chopped dill gives a unique flavor to this recipe whereas cream cheese enhances its richness and edibility.
- Recipe: Seafood canapés
- Meal course: Appetizer
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Cooking appliance: Electric smoker
- Key equipment: Hickory wood chips
- Cream cheese – 10 ounces
- Fresh dill – 1 teaspoon
- Sliced salmon – 14 ounces (smoked)
- Onion – 1 (medium sized and cut into rings)
- Rye bread – as per the requirement
- Take a small bowl and mixing dill and cream cheese thoroughly. Apply it over the cocktail rye bread.
- Heat the smoker up to 150F. Cook the salmon slices in the smoker for 45 minutes, but do not overcook it. Let the raw taste sustain and remove them from the smoker while they are still tender and juicy.
- Place the salmon slices over the rye bread along with the onion rings.
A nutritious and exquisite appetizer is now ready to fuel your hunger!
Master Chef’s tips
You can also try this recipe with the smoked salmon slices that are available in the market if you want to cook large quantities of canapés quickly. Garnish the canapés with dill frigs if you like them.
Words of wisdom
Not all recipes are this easy-to-make and tasty at the same time. The canapés prove to be great as aphrodisiacs and can be used to impress your partner as well.